Two thousand and ate-teen!
2018 has been a very weird year for me. It’s like god thought this girl needs to be prepared for the rest of her life. And Bam! He made a plan, a blueprint for the year of two thousand and eighteen! At times it seemed like my life couldn't be more perfect and at others, it was like someone charged me 5 dollars to show me my worst nightmare. And they closed the doors so you couldn’t leave. With social media, you can never leave. It like the lyrics of Hotel California, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!
This year has been a real eye-opener for me. In terms of who I am, where I want my life to go, who are my friends (no strings attached), what are the things I need to be doing in life and so on. It has started the process of me setting my priorities straight in life. And for once and finally putting myself before anyone else. I am very good at standing up for others, but I’m finally learning to stand up for myself. It just the beginning, I have a lot of ground to cover, but it’s a start.
I’ve learnt a few lessons this year, got back to doing the things I really like, discovered new things I liked, did something I’ve always wanted to all my life, trying to do things I’ve never wanted to do and being comfortable with just myself, actually kinda enjoying it too. I'd like to share a few things I have learned this year
- You should be the most important person in your life. Taking care of others is good, but not at the cost of your own happiness.
- Friendship is only real when it comes without terms and conditions.
- People do not value integrity at a personal cost. But nevertheless, I plan to stick with it.
- Don't become complacent in life.
- Ohh! And the most important. You should always be your own person. Never get lost in your relationships, be it friends or boyfriends/girlfriends. Never let people define you. Have you own individuality. Take out time for the things you like to do.
- Stop looking for external validation.
- Don't be afraid to cut out the negativity from your life. Be it people or things. It will eventually be for your good.
I will now stop for the fear of sounding like a priest. Side note, if you find the time, go listen to old Hindi songs. They are timeless and you can learn so much from them!
I mean I know it sounds like a cliche, but it’s right that a person learns the most when they are at their worst, and ohh my friend, I’m in the deepest crater you can find on earth! But, I’m getting up, I’m changing and powering up! Here to a great new year, one that this hopefully kind to you and makes you step out of your comfort zone once in a while. For now, let's go back to the cheese and wine infusion!
I know it's an old meme, but imagine this to be 2018 and 2019. Don't have time to change it!
Happy new year Y'all!